The Villa Hahn is an important element of the overall historical villas ensembles of the Chemnitz city part Kapellenberg, the former "Stollberger Quarter" as the area was once called.
Many wealthy citizen of Chemnitz were settled here around 1900. The Villa Esche and the Villa Oscar Freiherr von Kohorn zu Kornegg are incisive examples of this. The foundation stone of German mechanical engineering was once laid in Chemnitz, Saxony, and at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries Chemnitz was considered as being the richest city in Germany.
The massive building, which is embedded in beautiful parkland, impressed with its harmonious symmetry and united the once-emerging more functional style with the traditional elements of Neo-Classicism. The former beauty of the Villa Hahn approaches itself in particular at looking its back.